Power Point Taking Sides Writing Alternative
Want a Break From Writing Essays?
Make a PowerPoint Presentation Instead!
Three of the Five Taking Sides Assignments can be PowerPoint Presentation
1. In place of writing a Taking Sides Essay, make a PowerPoint presentation instead.
2. Following the guidelines for the Taking Sides essay:
- Identify the historical issue
- Identify the historians’ arguments (both the historian that argues “yes” and the one that argues “no”.
- As a general rule, student should provide at least THREE examples from each historian to demonstrate how the historian supports her/his argument.
- Formulate your own opinion: Where do you stand? Be sure to use evidence and examples from the essays.
- Do Not Use First or Second Person
- Any degree of plagiarism will result in a failing grade for the semester.
Student will be graded on the following:
- Degree to which student followed guidelines
- Degree to which follows "Do's and Don'ts" of POWERPOINT (grade will be heavily weighted on the quality of your PP layout)
- Degree to which audio narration is clear and concise (grade will be heavily weighted on the quality of your narrated presentation)