United State History Literature Essay Assignment
- Written Due April 30
- YouTube Presentation May 07
The events of United States History II (Reconstruction to the present) provide for an amazing, tragic, inspiring, painfully universal, and, above all, interesting study. Many of the events of this time period have been encapsulated in a rich collection of literature.
You will read then write a review of a work of fiction that in some way reflects or in set in the context of the history of the United States since 1865. The review will be a full 5-8 pages in length, double spaced using 12-point New Times Roman font. . You will choose from the booklist in the side bar menu.
Your review must contain each of the following. Write a narrative. (Do not number your paper.
- Full citation using Chicago Turabian
- You will begin with a brief summary of the book. No more than 2 paragraphs.
- What is the geographic setting of the book?
- What era/events in history are represented in this book?
- What issues related to politics, race, class, gender, nationalism, and/or culture is the author dealing with?
- With in your review you must cite at least five reference from the course content: lectures or assigned readings that are historically related to your book . Be sure your references to the course content are directly related with the narrative and issues the author is presenting.
II. YOUTUBE PRESENTATION
To be submitted through Blackboard