United State History Literature Essay Assignment
The events of United States History II (Reconstruction to the present) provide for an amazing, tragic, inspiring, painfully universal, and, above all, interesting study. Many of the events of this time period have been encapsulated in a rich collection of literature.
You will read then write a review of a work of fiction that in some way reflects or in set in the context of the history of the United States since 1865. The review will be a full 8-10 pages in length, double spaced using 12-point New Times Roman font. . You will choose from the booklist in the side bar menu.
Your review must contain each of the following. Write a narrative. (Do not number your paper.
- Full citation (foot notes and work cited page) using Chicago Turabian
- You will begin with a brief summary of the book. No more than 2 paragraphs.
- What era/events in history are represented in this book? What is the geographic setting of the book?
- Identify historical and ethical issues related to politics, race, class, gender, nationalism, and/or culture is the author dealing with?
- Within your review you must:
To be submitted through Blackboard